eligibility criterion for actuarial science institutes
What is the eligibility criterion for admission to those institutes that offer actuarial science?

Before enrolling as a student member, the candidate has to pass an entrance examination conducted by the Actuarial Society of India. This test comprises one paper in mathematics (3 hours) and one paper in English (3 hours), and is held twice a year in May and November. You are eligible for an exemption from the entrance test and become a member of the ASI if have satisfied all the following eligibility criteria.

•Completed 18 years of age.
•Fulfilled any one of the following educational standards — Passed Class-12 or equivalent with at least 85% in mathematics or statistics.
.Graduate or postgraduate with mathematical subjects. For this purpose, the subjects that constitute mathematical subjects are mathematics or branches, statistics or sub classifications, econometrics, computer sciences, any discipline of engineering, or a subject in science such as physics or its branches. Apart from this, you should have secured at least 55% in the course.
.MBA/ PGDBA having mathematics or statistics content.
.Fully qualified professional of professional bodies like the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or Institute of Cost Work Accountant of India (ICWAI).
•A fully qualified member of a professional body such as ICAI, ICWAI or ICSI recommends your application.

Heyy frnd, nbm.
Kindly help me for the same matter.
I am BSc graduate but wth non-mathematical subjects. In this case am eligible for Acturial Science only if I do Mba. Can u plz tell me wether doing Mba correspondence will help me to be eligible for Actury or should I go for correspondence BSc wth Maths? Please acknowledge wth the best and suitable option. My I'd is nehalkpd@yahoo.co.in. I will be highly thankful to u for the assured answer.
Nehal

(03-16-2011, 03:28 PM)nbm Wrote: Before enrolling as a student member, the candidate has to pass an entrance examination conducted by the Actuarial Society of India. This test comprises one paper in mathematics (3 hours) and one paper in English (3 hours), and is held twice a year in May and November. You are eligible for an exemption from the entrance test and become a member of the ASI if have satisfied all the following eligibility criteria.

•Fulfilled any one of the following educational standards — Passed Class-12 or equivalent with at least 85% in mathematics or statistics.
.Graduate or postgraduate with mathematical subjects. For this purpose, the subjects that constitute mathematical subjects are mathematics or branches, statistics or sub classifications, econometrics, computer sciences, any discipline of engineering, or a subject in science such as physics or its branches. Apart from this, you should have secured at least 55% in the course.
.Fully qualified professional of professional bodies like the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or Institute of Cost Work Accountant of India (ICWAI).
•A fully qualified member of a professional body such as ICAI, ICWAI or ICSI recommends your application.

1) Should have passed 10+2(HSC) or equivalent with at least 85% in Mathematics/ Statistics
2) Graduates or Post Graduate with not less than 55% marks in Mathematical subjects (i.e Mathematics or any of its branches; Statistics or any of its sub classifications such as Mathematical Statistics and Applied Statistics; Econometrics; Computer Sciences; Any discipline of Engineering; Subject in Science such as Physics or its branches).
3) Candidates with CA/ CS/ CWA/ MBA (Finance)/ PGDBA
4) Fully qualified members of professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), The institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) and Certified institute of Financial Analysts of India (IFAI) and Fellow of Insurance Institute of India (III)- passing with the subjects Mathematical Basis of Insurance and Statistics
5) A student member of actuarial bodies such as Institute of Actuaries, London; Faculty of Actuaries in Scotland and Institute of Actuaries, Australia
6) Students from Society of Actuaries, USA and Casualty Actuarial society, USA , provided that they must have passed at least one subject from these bodies.

Hope this is helpful for you!!

Dear sir

Iam haveing 70% in engineering weather i am eligible for acturies

actully what is this acturial science is about ? what are the job prospects of this course ?

acturial science programmes available at graduation level ? or just pg programmes are there ?

Hi,

I had completed my graduation in B.A (programe) with maths and Eco as subject can u suggest me. I am eligible for acturial or not ?

(02-23-2012, 02:44 PM)nehalvk Wrote: Heyy frnd, nbm.
Kindly help me for the same matter.
I am BSc graduate but wth non-mathematical subjects. In this case am eligible for Acturial Science only if I do Mba. Can u plz tell me wether doing Mba correspondence will help me to be eligible for Actury or should I go for correspondence BSc wth Maths? Please acknowledge wth the best and suitable option. My I'd is nehalkpd@yahoo.co.in. I will be highly thankful to u for the assured answer.
Nehal

(03-16-2011, 03:28 PM)nbm Wrote: Before enrolling as a student member, the candidate has to pass an entrance examination conducted by the Actuarial Society of India. This test comprises one paper in mathematics (3 hours) and one paper in English (3 hours), and is held twice a year in May and November. You are eligible for an exemption from the entrance test and become a member of the ASI if have satisfied all the following eligibility criteria.

Hi
The eligibility criterion for actuarial science institutes are as follows:

•Candidate should be Completed 18 years of age.
• Candidate should be Passed Class-12 or equivalent with at least 85% in mathematics or statistics.
.Candidate should be Graduate or postgraduate with mathematical subjects.
.Candidate should be MBA/ PGDBA having mathematics or statistics content.
.Candidate should be Fully qualified professional of professional bodies like the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or Institute of Cost Work Accountant of India (ICWAI).
•Candidate should be A fully qualified member of a professional body such as ICAI, ICWAI or ICSI recommends your application.

[i] i am science student and in net exam math questions r also asked what can i do for that

Hi
Dear sir

Iam haveing 60% in engineering weather i am eligible for actuaries

(03-16-2011, 03:19 PM)umma Wrote: What is the eligibility criterion for admission to those institutes that offer actuarial science?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I have done my graduation in B.COM & i am final year student of Chartered Acountantancy course,what can I get admission for Acturial
Science.And also my brother final year student of Bechlar of Engineering (Mech Branch).what we can both take admission. please solve my query.

Thanking You,

Shekhar Dhapodkar

Hi Friends,
I have completed my graduation(B.com) last year.
I want to know that i am eligible for actuarial science.

hi!!! i am an engineering graduate and i wish to pursue career in actuarial science.please suggest me how to prepare for this examination?? do i have to join any PG course???? please reply as soon as possible

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eligibility criterion for admission into institutes that offer audiology courses gee 2 4,997 03-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Last Post: kdevika
  Eligibility criterion for admission into institutes that offer dietician courses pakki 2 9,256 03-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Sanjila Dey
  Eligibility criterion for admission into BDS institutes umma 2 5,253 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Louisa
  Actuarial science karuna.rustagi86@gmail.com 0 4,776 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Last Post: karuna.rustagi86@gmail.com
  Institutes offering MSc Instrumentation Science care 1 5,712 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Last Post: nbm
  Eligibility criterion for pursuing pharma related courses umma 1 4,115 05-19-2011, 01:11 PM
  eligibility for admission to institutes offering aircraft maintenance engineering care 4 29,497 04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Last Post: nileshp
  Eligibility criterion for becoming an AAO luttu 1 4,236 03-18-2011, 02:14 PM
  Institutes that offer actuarial science courses umma 1 4,694 03-16-2011, 03:27 PM
  Courses available on actuarial science umma 1 5,536 03-16-2011, 03:27 PM