course or training to become aircraft maintenance engineer

I want to become an aircraft maintenance engineer. What course or training should i undergo?

Most flying clubs have training institutions attached to them. If you opt for any of these, make sure it is recognised by the DGCA. Training is imparted for servicing and maintenance of aircraft to ensure 100% flight safety. However, very few institutions offer training on heavy aircraft and jet engines. Most make do with small aircraft and piston engines. So it is essential to be careful and fully informed about the training being provided by the institute during the time of enrollment. After completing the course and passing the internal exam, you have to clear the licensing exam conducted by the DGCA.

Alternatively, you can do a BE or a B.Tech in aeronautical engineering or an associate membership of the Aeronautical Society of India (ASI), which is equivalent to a BE/B.Tech.
On completion of first year (2 semesters) of training, you should take the Basic Paper I of the AME License Exam, followed by Paper II at the end of the second year, and Paper III on Airframe/ Engine/DR Compass on completion of the 5th semester at the end of two and a half years. By clearing these three papers at the earliest, you will get a Basic Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Certificate (BAMEC) from the DGCA, which will make you eligible for a job in the aviation industry. That leaves you with Paper IV in your specific area of competence, which will fetch you the AME license.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Job opportunity after completing Aircraft maintenance engineering sunilkurup 10 43,353 07-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Last Post: chauhan1965@gmail.com
  Placement Oriented Inplant Training / Internship Training on IBM i (AS/400) pmsinformation 0 4,142 06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Last Post: pmsinformation
  Advantage of persuing Post Diploma in CNC Machine Maintenance (PDCMM) in IGTR mmchasin 0 3,579 11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Last Post: mmchasin
  Specialsation areas in Aircraft maintenance engineering shamsudeen 1 5,378 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: nbm
  eligibility for admission to institutes offering aircraft maintenance engineering care 4 29,509 04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Last Post: nileshp
  Pay scale expected for aircraft maintenance engineer care 2 11,866 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Last Post: milandastidar