higher studies in genetics after +2
I am a Plus Two Science student I would like to opt for higher studies in genetics. Could you provide me with information on the courses available for genetics and the career prospects?

After Plus Two, you can go for either B.Tech. in biotechnology or biotechnology and biochemical engineering through an entrance test.
Another option is to undergo a three-year B.Sc. degree course in biological science/life science/biotechnology subjects, and then go for post graduation in genetics.
Some of the B.Tech.-level courses in genetics/biotechnology/biotechnology and biochemical engineering are the following:
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur (www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee )
Four-year B.Tech. and five-year M.Tech. courses in biotechnology and bio- chemical
engineering.
IIT - Madras Chennai (http://fee.iitm.ac.in ): B.Tech. Biotechnology; M.Tech. - five years' dual degree in biotechnology.
IIT - Guwahati ( http://iitg.ernetin/jee ) B.Tech. Biotechnology .
IIT Delhi (www.iitd.ernet.in/jee ) M.Tech.- five year's dual degree in bio chemical engineering and biotechnology.

Admission to all the above courses is through a national level IIT - Joint Entrance Examination.

Eligibility is Plus Two pass with physics, chemistry, mathematics, or relevant subjects prescribed by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).

In Kerala, few private engineering colleges offer B.Tech biotechnology. Admission to the merit seats is based on ranks obtained in the engineering/entrance test conducted by the State Government. Details can be obtained from the website www.cee-kerala.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Information on higher studies at France Shola G 0 3,025 06-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Shola G
  universities that offer M.Sc. genetics luttu 1 5,671 11-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Last Post: nbm
  career opportunities after completing PhD in Genetics mutta 1 5,096 11-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Last Post: nbm
  Higher studies Anjana K 0 3,276 05-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Anjana K
  Help me on my higher studies problem. Maurice 2 5,024 12-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Krishan Kumar