SAT examination
I am studying in 1st PUC and want to know about SAT examination. Am I eligible for it? What is the scope and what are the uses? I request you to guide me with details.

If you want to have your undergraduate education in USA, then you have to take up the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT). For admission to undergraduate courses in USA, there are a number of standardized tests for different subjects, the scores of which are accepted by the Universities and Colleges for considering admission applications.They are Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT-I),and (SAT-ll),Subject Tests, the American Assessment (ACT) Test and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). All these tests are used to some degree in college admission. They measure aptitudes and achievements and are used in combination with a students secondary school record to help evaluate potential for academic success. Each institution, however, has its own policies and procedure regarding the use of these tests.
SAT-l Reasoning Tests: This is a three-hour multiple choice test aimed at measuring your verbal and mathematical reasoning. Verbal Reasoning focuses on a student’s ability to read critically several given passages including double passages with different points of view, li will in addition, test students verbal reasoning skills and knowledge of vocabulary in context. Mathematical Reasoning includes regular mathematics, quantitative comparisons and emphasize on a students ability to apply mathematical concepts and interpret data. Few questions would require students to produce their own responses as the options are not available. The test also includes a 30 minutes section of equating questions (Verbal, mathematical).
SAT-II Subject Tests: These are one-hour multiple choice tests in specific subjects. Unlike the SAT-I who measures general abilities, SAT-II measures your knowledge of particular subjects and your ability to apply that knowledge. Not all colleges require SAT-II for admission.
Detailed information and application form can be obtained free of charge, by sending a request letter with your complete name and address to: College Board, ATP, P.O Box 6200, Princeton, NJ 08541-6200 USA.