M.Tech after MCA
I am doing my final year in MCA.

Is M.Tech is necessary after MCA ,since it is also a master degree and we have to study same things again?what is the extra advantage if we pursue mtech after mca ? What are the advantages to write Gate exam for my career?

Hi Prakash,
I was persuing my MCA through IGNOU. I left it while in final semester to join MSc in computer application through Symbiosis. Now I got the chance to read the course books of MCA and it is approx same as that of BTech(most of my friends did BTech in CS or IT). MTech is advanced course and I suppose it contains a rigorous studies as well as research.

If you are really interested in studying then go for MTech otherwise MCA is enough to get the job.

Regards,
Gaurav M

(08-16-2010, 08:12 PM)prakash23 Wrote: I am doing my final year in MCA.

Is M.Tech is necessary after MCA ,since it is also a master degree and we have to study same things again?what is the extra advantage if we pursue mtech after mca ? What are the advantages to write Gate exam for my career?

(08-17-2010, 08:07 PM)gauravashq Wrote: Hi Prakash,
I was persuing my MCA through IGNOU. I left it while in final semester to join MSc in computer application through Symbiosis. Now I got the chance to read the course books of MCA and it is approx same as that of BTech(most of my friends did BTech in CS or IT). MTech is advanced course and I suppose it contains a rigorous studies as well as research.

If you are really interested in studying then go for MTech otherwise MCA is enough to get the job.

Regards,
Gaurav M

(08-16-2010, 08:12 PM)prakash23 Wrote: I am doing my final year in MCA.

Hye prakash its good you have done MCA, and now you are thinking to do M.tech .You can get job after doing MCA but if you want to give weightage to your Cv then you can go for M.tech.You can also do it from distance education.The global Open University launches its online registration facility for its distance education courses and degrees.Now You can register for any of its distance education courses online .Tgou offers various bachelore and master degree courses. visit http://tgouwp.edu .Smile

Toungue 
i have passed bscit in2004.then i passed 2 sem mca course.can i applicable for mtech.