Is doing BTech(CSE) in part time the right thing after BCA??
Wink 
Hello. I have done BCA and currently working. I need an additional qualification. I was thinking of doing a part-time MCA. DO you think doing a BTech in part time from YashwantRao Chavan Maharashtra Open University will be the right thing for me instead of doing an MCA if i get a lateral entry? Because I hear a BTech has more value than MCA. Another option I have is doing an MCA in full time without leaving my job. It would be possible to do so from certain colleges here in Pune. Please advise me as I am confused. Thanks in advance

Hi Rahul..

In my opinion the best thing will be doing MCA full time, if you can do it without leaving your job. I don't think B.Tech is having an edge over MCA. Especially when taking it from such open universities.

For getting better positions in CS field, knowledge and experience in Latest technologies matters than having a bagful of degrees.

Hi Neethu.
Thanks for the reply. I have one other option in my hand. That is of doing a DOEACC course. My friends say doing the B level course has equal value as MCA. Do you think that would be a good option?

neethu Wrote:Hi Rahul..

In my opinion the best thing will be doing MCA full time, if you can do it without leaving your job. I don't think B.Tech is having an edge over MCA. Especially when taking it from such open universities.

For getting better positions in CS field, knowledge and experience in Latest technologies matters than having a bagful of degrees.

sir, i am doing bca 1 year. i want to prepare for mca enterance in IIT. Is only IIT roorki offer mca , not other IIT institute . please guide for mca preparation in IIT

Hello Rahul...

DOACC B level is having the same value, but that usually get through some study centres (usually private), you should be careful bout the qualifications and quality of the faculties there... Take it if you are so determined... coz there are so much flexibilities in the program, so there are a lot of chances you miss your way in between.

hey rahul
go for mca only bcoz master degree is always better than any tech.. degree

B.TECH is bit same like BCA to continue BCA with MCA can overpower B.TECH so I recommend you to continue your study with MCA rather with BCA.
For the more help for courses of for colleges selection see: http://www.coursesinindia.co.in

B.TECH is bit same like BCA to continue BCA with MCA can overpower B.TECH so I recommend you to continue your study with MCA rather with BCA.
For the more help for courses of for colleges selection see: http://www.coursesinindia.co.in

Better to go for MCA, preferably full time or through distance mode.

Yes I think you should go for MCA,, their are many distance education institute which provide online learning...one of my friend is doing his MCA from IMP

Yes why not you can do part time BE their is no problem in doing that.

If you done your BCA i recommend you to go for full time MCA since the value of Part time B.tech is not more. also to let you know that BCA+MCA= B.Tech...good Luck

BCA and Btech are undergraduates,as you have already completed your bachelors it would better continue your masters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Part Time / distance M.E / M.Tech in Computers Jaimin 3 6,136 06-22-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Jamesrobert
  Eligibility to do part time Phd at Kerala University TafzirAzad 2 15,427 10-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Last Post: K sandhya satheesh
  Suggest me some MBA Hotel Management Part time colleges in Mumbai Sriram.on 3 5,501 01-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Last Post: nshah5008
  part time mtech siddhi 3 6,277 06-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Last Post: rogertaylorlive
  M.Tech ( Part Time) Intake logger910 3 5,709 06-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Last Post: pankajbante
  Eligibility for part time Phd at Anna University Chennai rms 4 15,533 06-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Last Post: pankajbante
  Part Time Audiology Jobs,India mh82234 1 4,050 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Radhey Pandit
  IIM Calicut part time courses in Cochin luttu 1 3,807 10-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: nbm
  Eligibility to apply for Part time MBA at Osmania University kdevika 1 4,067 08-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Last Post: nbm
  Eligibility for Part time MBA at IIT Delhi Kokilla 4 6,502 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Adil7