Engineering Student!!
Hi all, my name is Amit and I’m in 3rd Sem Eng. I need a desktop… I’m little confused here. Shall I go for an assemble one or a branded one. Which one is better?

Hi amit this is prakash from chennai ,i am hr consultant i have seen ur post ,for u it is better to have assemble one ,bco'z r u engg students it will benefit for u.all the best for ur studies.if u have any quires contact me my email id prakashhrd@rocketmail.com.

Big Grin 
Prakash is right, assembled comp is the best choice, you get a lot for less. But then there is the cost factor. If you see, a decent lcd monitor, a core 2 duo, a graphics card, power supply will easily drain you a 50k if not more. I know i maybe telling you to take a big step in getting a imac, but u gotta see it and feel it to know what it is to have one. I dont have one personally but have seen my friends comp and its awesome and compact, ther is supposedly some student offfer too, here is the link http://www.apple.com/in/students/ give it a shot, besides the imac starts at around 50k with a 20 inch screen and a 2 gb ram Rolleyes

Hi Amit , If you are going to use computer for entertainment go for assembled if you are going to use it for programing ,Matlab go for branded

All the teachers at my school are reading The Talent Code, by Daniel Coyle. It's about how skill grows in the brain, and how to get more of it -- super-interesting, and useful (The Talent Code). There's some great stuff about what successful schools do to motivate students, too.

mca enterence question papaers

Smile 
[quote=amitk]
Hi Amit! I'm Rohit Yadav. Well I think assembled computers are cheap but the configrtion of those are not the same as told by the assembler. I think you must go for branded one if you want to use for a longer time and if its just for some time then you can go for an assembled one.