IT or Railways?
Question 
Hi. I have done Btech in Electrical engineering and joined Cognizant Technology Solutions 2 years back. Now I am Programmer Analyst here. Meanwhile I got a central Govt. job in Indian Railways as Senior Section Engineer which is Group C post in railways. Now suggest me should I leave my current job and join railways. In that case what are the career prospects. Please advise..

Goverment job has heigh security comparision of IT as future perspective . but you can earn more in pvt. sector rather than gov. job. i suggest you to do the job what profile do you like to do have you interest. it can IT or non IT.

Goverment job has heigh security comparision of IT as future perspective . but you can earn more in pvt. sector rather than gov. job. i suggest you to do the job what profile do you like to do have you interest. it can IT or non IT.

As per my opinion Railways job is a good option..

It depend upon your interest.. if you are interested in the govt. sector than go for govt job .. other wise Cognizant is not a bad choice.

It’s totally depend on your interest area..
No doubt government job is more secure, at the same time private job will pay you more and you will get exposure too.

Dpends on your interest and as well diffeentiate salary too if salary is good then choose that option for lifetime and Govt Jobs has a job security and in private sector you won't get any security

It really depends on your interest but I would like to suggest you Govt job. After joining there you will have your job permanency.

I suggest you opt for government job since they are very secured as compared to private company jobs. If you are choosing railway job the pay scale will be good and you can also get promoted to a higher level easily. Although, it depends on you which job you are interested in. It is not easy to get a government job now-a- days.

Government Job has security but private sector Job may give you more in future if you do well. But you have deliver your work through your performance.

As everyone know that government jobs are much more secure than pvt. Government jobs are also not that much stressful. But I will suggest that if you happy with your job and enjoying your work, so there is no need to switch anywhere else. But again its upto you only If you wanna secure your job and wanna live without any worries go for Railway.

I would choose railways a secured job with all benefits.But if you are interested in IT then you can continue with your job,since working with satisfaction is important.If you work in domain in which you are interested, gives more satisfaction rather than anything else.So its important to go with your choice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Job opportunity at railways after completing PG Diploma in Metro Rail Technology Alexander K 2 7,154 07-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Last Post: amolsk