Eligibility for Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships
I am working with an MNC after my Graduation for the lsat three years. Now i am planning to apply to go for PG in US. For that i want to apply for Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships. Am i eligible to apply for Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2014?

You can apply for Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships if you satisfy the following conditions:

- be a responsible Indian citizen who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of India, and thereby help to promote understanding and friendship between the peoples of the United States of America and India;
- have a high level of academic/professional achievement;
- demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the US. The applicant may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- be present in India at the time of submitting the application and interview, if required. If you will be abroad, please keep us informed.
- be eligible for leave, if employed;
- be in good health;
- not be residing in the United States;
- not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States;
- preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent US experience; and
- should give an undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship.

In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants should:

- have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- have at least three years’ full-time (paid or voluntary) professional work experience relevant to their proposed field of study;
demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- should not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last date to apply online for Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships laji 1 3,765 02-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Last Post: net-sam
  Grant given for Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships laji 1 3,189 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Last Post: net-sam
  Age limit to apply for Fulbright-Nehru-CII Fellowships Vimal PC 1 3,765 09-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Last Post: care
  Eligibility to apply for Fulbright-Nehru-CII Fellowships Lizzy V 1 3,559 09-29-2012, 12:58 PM
  Application form for Fulbright-Nehru-CII Fellowships 2013 Geetham p 1 3,887 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM