Eligibility for Phd at IISc
I have completed MBA. I have secured only 58% for MBA. I wish to do Phd at IISc (Indian Institute of Science) Bangalore. Am I eligible to apply for IISc phd?

You are eligible to apply as candidates possessing a minimum of second class in the following degrees are eligible to apply:

Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/Technology/Architecture/ Medicine/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Sciences; or Master’s degree in Science in an appropriate field including Biotechnology, or Master’s in Economics, Geography, Social Work, Psychology, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science/ Application as applicable to the respective departments.

Qualifying in one of the following appropriate Tests (with validity as on 1st of August 2013) is mandatory : CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC-NET for JRF; or DBT JRF; or ICMR JRF; or JEST 2013; or NBHM 2013; or IISc Entrance Test 2013; or GATE 2012/2013 or INSPIRE Fellows (for Ph D). Qualifying in these tests is not mandatory but desirable for candidates who possess a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ M Sc(Engg) or MS or MBA (post BE/B Tech) and wish to apply for the departments in the Engineering Faculty.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eligibility for IISc Integrated PhD programme Jameela Beegum 1 4,636 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Last Post: nbm