What career can I make in retail
I love shopping. What career can I make in retail other than that of a store's salesperon?

Whether you are planning on working online or in a brick and mortar, there definitely some characteristics that every good Retail Manager possesses.

Some of them include:
  1. Time management: The ability to manage people and time, is a cornerstone of what keeps some retailers competitive, whilst others struggle.

2. Being a team player: In order to properly ascend in your organizations, the higher-ups and your colleagues have to feel that you work in the best interests of everyone. This characteristic is needed as a Retail Manager is expected to delegate a lot of tasks.

3. How good are you at negotiating? A lot of retailers look for an individual with effective communication, influencing an negotiating skills. If you are able to convince people to try things, you're on your way. If not, keep practising.

4. Numerical and IT literacy: Retail Managers are number crunchers. Of-course they are problem solvers, but at their best, they are the people you go to when retailers are in a bind and looking for a grassroots solution. Perfect this skill, and you will be indispensable.
If you've been working in retail for a while, I would compel you to think about the leadership that has come before you. What did they do well, and what did they struggle at.
People skills are essential for your chosen skill, but having people skills does not mean that you will be well liked by everyone. 

Some people will just not like your management style. Let go of the idea that you'll have an entirely supportive staff, and embrace the idea that your position will still be respected.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retail Managememt colleges for women in india? nikisawant85 1 3,796 12-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Last Post: livekampuzz
  career in retail? desaikiran367 1 3,862 09-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jdbimsmanagement